Monday, July 21, 2008

The "Sweet Salad" of love


Sweet Salad Dressing
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar

Pour contents into your favorite dispenser, cap and shake vigorously to combine.

Sugared Almond Slivers
1 cup of Blanched Slivered Almonds
2 Tablespoons Sugar

Add ingredients to a small non-stick saute pan. Again shake vigorously, until almonds are coated. Be careful not to burn the nuts or the sugar.

The combination's for this salad are many but here are a couple of winners:
  • Blueberries
  • Strawberries
  • Spinach
  • Diced Granny Smith apples
  • Diced Red Pepper
  • Sliced Red Onion
  • Spinach
  • Mandarin Oranges
  • Rehydrate Dried Cranberries
  • Spring Mix
I hope you enjoy this salad as we have enjoyed it at many parties!

*The picture above was taken about 3 years ago I made the mandarin orange version for a Christmas Diner at Westminster Church in Bellevue, Jeremy and Luke helped. We fed about 120 people and I don't recall a lot of plates coming back full.

No comments:

Post a Comment